This video tutorial by Tasktutorial shows you how to create a simple swatch in illustrator. Select the star tool, draw a star and select the path and scale it down as shown. Change the fill color to white, the stroke color to black and the stroke weight to 2 points as indicated. Select the rectangle tool and draw a background for the star, bring to back, change the fill color to blue and de-select the stroke as directed. Align the shapes using the align tool and select both paths and bring into the swatches window. Delete the paths; draw a new rectangle select the new swatch to fill in the rectangle as shown.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades