Check out this simple Adobe Illustrator CS4 tutorial to learn how to create a skewed checkerboard pattern. This technique will save you the trouble of having to use the Option and Drag method multiple times. Veerle Pieters expertly takes you through this easy pattern technique. For more Adobe Illustrator tutorials, search for Illustrator on WonderHowTo.
Follow these directions:
1. Draw 2 squares: 1 black and 1 white.
2. Turn them into a Symbol.
3. Apply Transform effect to repeat them horizontally.
4. Apply Transform effect to repeat the line of squares vertically.
5. Expand everything and move squares to make 1 perfect rectangle.
6. Skew and resize the checkerboard (to match the Bavarian flag).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.