The live trace effect has become increasingly popular for use in designing backgrounds. By using the live trace effect, you can take any stock image and transform it into an outline that can be placed behind your main subject. The technique works in Illustrator and can be used in Photoshop as well. Experiment with blend modes and remember that you can save the outline as a symbol or a custom shape to use in other designs. See how to create interesting backgrounds with live trace in Illustrator CS3 and Photoshop CS3 in this software tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades